This etching was an experiment. I used the back of a copper sheet found in the recycle. It was deeply etched where the acid had eaten around the masking tape used to protect the back. I just kept adding lines to the plate until I decided I had better quit. I added the embossing because it fit in a frame better. This was my first embossing experience – but you will see more of it in my later prints.
When etching the flower petals I carefully shaped each petal by burnishing the aquatint. I printed several that way and was pleased with them. But it needed more so then decided to hand color the flower with watercolors. Ah so much better.